Friday, July 3, 2009
Roasted New Potato Salad
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 2 pounds small red potatoes, diced
* 1/2 medium-size sweet onion, chopped
* 2 teaspoons minced garlic
* 1 teaspoon coarse salt
* 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
* 8 to 10 cooked crisp bacon slices, crumbled
* 1 bunch green onions, chopped
* 3/4 cup prepared Ranch dressing
* Salt and pepper to taste
Place oil in a bowl; add potatoes and the next 4 ingredients, tossing to coat. Arrange potato mixture in a single layer on a cookie sheet.
Bake at 425° for 30 to 35 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. If you like your potatoes crispier, bake about 10 minutes longer, stirring once. Transfer to a large bowl.
Toss together potatoes, bacon, green onions, and dressing. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately or cover and chill until ready to serve.