Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Orange Cream Cheesecake
* 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1 teaspoon orange zest
* 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
* 1 (3 ounce) package orange flavor gelatin
* 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
* 1 1/4 cups sugar
* 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
* 1 teaspoon lemon juice
* 1/3 cup orange juice concentrate
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
* 2 cups whipped topping
* 1/4 cup sugar
* lemon slice
1. Combine the cracker crumbs, cinnamon, orange peel and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 10 inch springform pan. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
2. Prepare gelatin according to package directions. Set aside 1/2 cup at room temperature. Chill remaining gelatin until slightly thickened, about 80 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar for 2 minutes. Gradually beat in milk and lemon juice. Beat on medium-high speed 2 minutes longer. Gradually beat in orange juice concentrate, vanilla and room temperature gelatin. Fold in whipped topping. Pour over prepared crust.
4. In a mixing bowl, beat whipped topping and sugar. beat in refrigerated gelatin mixture (mixture will be thin). Chill for 30 minutes. Gently spoon over filling (pan will be full). Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.