Monday, April 13, 2009
* 1 cup milk
* 1 garlic clove, smashed
* 1 lb monterrey jack cheese, coarsely grated
* 2 tablespoons flour
1. Heat milk and garlic (if using) in a saucepan over medium heat until simmering, about 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Toss the cheese and flour together in a bowl or large ziploc bag until the shreds are nicely floured.
3. Whisk the cheese into the milk a handful at a time, waiting for each handful to melt before adding more.
4. When it's all melted and smooth, remove garlic clove and pour cheese into a fondue pot.